- Townmore: Construction Project Update – The Windsor Hotel
Townmore: Construction Project Update – The Windsor Hotel
Townmore is currently working on the construction of an eight-storey micro-sleeper hotel on the site of the former Windsor Hotel on MacCurtain Street in Cork City’s Victorian Quarter: http://townmore.ie/projects/the-windsor-hotel/
This €7.0 million project was scheduled for a 12-month build programme (prior to the shutdown). The inaccessibility of this busy, city centre site demanded a more thoughtful design solution and careful planning in terms of logistics, site set up and traffic management. The overall works included the demolition of an existing four-storey building and the construction of an eight-storey over basement micro-sleeper hotel, comprising 90 bed spaces/ 73 bedrooms together with a bar on the ground floor.
Earlier this week Site Manager Tomás Moore and the Townmore team installed the last level of walls.
The next stages of the project involve:
(1) Roof steel will be erected and main roof and roof terraces complete
(2) Windows are being installed up through the floors
(3) Brickwork and external cladding to start
(4) Internal fit out has begun including M&E, Partitions and Joinery
(5) Bathroom Pods have been lifted onto the floors
Our project delivery partners include Meitheal Architects, CLC & Associates Engineers and M&E consultants Malachy Walsh and Partners.
Follow updates on this and other Townmore projects at: