- Purchasing Manager
Townmore is a dynamic, multi-disciplined construction company and one of Ireland’s Top 20 Contractors working nationwide across both the public and private sectors.
We enjoy a strong reputation in the marketplace for delivering projects to the highest quality. Our work is evident in many buildings nationwide from residential, commercial fitouts, and industrial to the medical sector, and much else in between.
We are passionate about people and acknowledge that our success is based on the quality of our staff and how we look after them. We foster a culture of personal development and promotion from within. We offer comprehensive training and development for all staff and always aim to internally promote and develop our staff.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Procurement Officer/Manager will be responsible for the procuring of goods and services, and plant and equipment (hired and owned).
- You will contribute to the successful delivery of our projects, reporting to the Commercial Manager.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers, tracking all price changes and updates in advance, uploading new prices onto the relevant systems, and getting sign off on all price increases from the Commercial Manager.
- Follow up on price requisitions as requested.
- Identifying potential Suppliers and liaise with both new and existing suppliers to build and maintain good working relationships with them.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Place orders with assigned suppliers at regular intervals and ensure the prompt delivery of these orders.
- Liaise with site management on material and plant requirements.
- Input orders within the given time frame and update prices on the database.
- Perform administrative duties to the specified standard and within the time frame required by the procurement department such as processing payments certs and invoices
- Working with our Plant Manager in the management of Owned plant.
- Developing our company purchasing strategy.
- Consistently monitor the marketplace to ensure awareness of pricing trends, risks and opportunities.
- The individual will require previous senior level experience of Procurement and Supply Chain Management processes within a construction, or a related sector.
- Possess and demonstrates strong technical knowledge of building products and systems.
- An individual with good financial, commercial and analytical skills who has proven capability of managing his/her workload effectively.
- Well-developed negotiation skills are essential, along with experience of running tenders, with a track record of delivering value.
- Understanding of drawings.
- Strong IT skills including the use of our procurement systems.
What you get:
You will enjoy the benefits of a young, dynamic and successful team and you will grow with and within the company.
We operate a system of trust which provides for the modern-day flexibility to carry out your role successfully but in balance with your personal life.
You will be provided with a competitive salary plus relevant benefits.
If you are interested in working with our energetic team, we would like to speak to you. We appreciate that making change is difficult, particularly in this fast-changing environment. If you would like to apply for this position, please contact us in confidence at email@example.com