- Site Engineer
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
Townmore is an indigenous multidisciplinary contractor operating as Developer, Main Contractor, Management Contractor, PSCS and Specialist Contractor.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Operating across Ireland and the UK we are a preferred provider of choice in growth segments such as residential, commercial, mix use and controlled environments. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused.
Townmore is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise, respect and value differences in diversity.
We are committed to ensuring our hiring process is fair and accessible to all and will provide candidates with disabilities with reasonable accommodations required to participate in the recruitment process. If you require any assistance in this regard, please let us know.
Key Responsibilities as Site Engineer
- Positively and actively drive towards an embedded HS&E culture taking an approach that creates a continually Responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the day to day running of the project.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Checking plans, drawings and supervision of setting out coordination.
- As an Engineer, you will be responsible for setting out and levelling of sites.
- You will be responsible for the overall surveying of sites.
- You will as a Senior Engineer plan work efficiently ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- You will oversee quality control and safety measures on sites.
- The Engineer will resolve unexpected technical difficulties and you will deal with any problems which arise.
- You will be afforded the opportunity to grow your career with a leading company, and concurrently work a number of sites for them.
- You will possess the ability to communicate clearly to all stakeholders.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Attending regular meetings with clients, architects and consultants, and keeping them informed of progress.
- Quality management and BCAR co-ordination
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site and ensuring that regulations are adhered to.
- Supervise direct staff and sub-contractors.
- Coordinate Toolbox talks
- Handle technical queries when necessary and interface with the client, consultant and architect in regards to RFI’s.
- Engineer Degree
- Setting Out and Surveying experience
- Confident in supervising site works
- Strong Communicator
- Able to work to targets and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this role, please contact us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org