- QEHS Manager
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
Townmore is an indigenous multidisciplinary contractor operating as Developer, Main Contractor, Management Contractor, PSCS and Specialist Contractor.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Operating across Ireland and the UK we are a preferred provider of choice in growth segments such as residential, commercial, mix use and controlled environments. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused.
Townmore is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise, respect and value differences in diversity.
We are committed to ensuring our hiring process is fair and accessible to all and will provide candidates with disabilities with reasonable accommodations required to participate in the recruitment process. If you require any assistance in this regard, please let us know.
Key Responsibilities as QEHS Manager
- Positively and actively drive towards an embedded HS&E culture taking an approach that creates a continually improving focus on preventative actions, reduction of injuries, and the promotion of health and environmentally friendly operations.
- Communicate effectively, translating HS&E compliance standards using modern software to direct the business presented in the form of procedures, bulletin material, verbal support, mentoring, and coaching.
- The development and implementation of HS&E strategy and processes to expand value-added opportunities in the application and maintenance of accredited standards.
- Preparing safety reports for the business unit and the Group Board reports
- Root cause analysis of accidents and preventing recurrence
- Liaising with key stakeholders in both the business unit and the wider group
- Integrating the group policies into the business
- Compliance monitoring and auditing and planning of strategy and delivery of cultural and behavioural change
- Perform site audits and implement new procedures.
- Update Organisation’s Safety Statement in compliance with current regulatory requirements
- Remain abreast new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation.
- Act as a company representative during outside Agency Audits/Inspections with regards to Health and Safety
- 8 years Health and Safety experience – ideally within a main/specialist contractor
- Previous experience in ISO, OHSAS 18001 accredited environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the construction industry and project execution
- Computer literate and familiar with MS office, project, (or similar scheduling package)
- Good knowledge of safety management and quality management
- Ability to lead with confidence, mentor and motivates staff under them
If you are interested in this role, please contact us in confidence at email@example.com