- Quantity Surveyors
Townmore is seeking Quantity Surveyors to join our successful, growing delivery team.
Townmore is a dynamic, multi-disciplined construction company and one of Ireland’s Top 20 Contractors working nationwide across both the public and private sectors.
We enjoy a strong reputation in the marketplace for delivering projects to the highest quality. Our work is evident in many buildings nationwide from commercial fitouts to the medical sector, and much else in between.
We are passionate about people and acknowledge that our success is based on the quality of our staff and how we look after them. We foster a culture of personal development and promotion from within. We offer comprehensive training and development for all staff and always aim to internally promote and develop our staff.
This individual will work as part of our Commercial Team and work alongside Senior Quantity Surveyors in the delivery of projects nationwide. Projects are typically commercial, educational, retail, industrial and residential with project values ranging from €1m to €30m plus in traditional forms. The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics and have at least 3 years’ experience.
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, have an excellent knowledge of the industry, be motivated and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills are essential for this role.
- You will be responsible for and have experience taking contracts from subcontract procurement through to final accounts.
- You will attend site progress and cost meetings and liaising with client / design team & subcontractors.
- Working closely with the Commercial Team and Project Managers to ensure projects are completed on time & to budget.
- You will ensure accurate & timely contract administration / managing & minimising risk from contracts.
- A third level qualification in construction management / engineering is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years + site/project management experience
- A strong motivational attitude combined with keen managerial skills coupled with strong commercial awareness are essential.
- Excellent people and client management skills.
- Excellent references and a good track record in the industry.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills.
- You will have a desire to succeed and to help us to grow our business.
What you get:
You will form an integral part of a delivery team that is leading the continued growth of the company with high quality delivery. You will be provided with support of a number of key members of the Management team and provided with all resources necessary to carry out your duties.
You will enjoy the flexibility, autonomy and influence to make the role your own with opportunity to develop your career in any direction that brings value to you and the business.
You will enjoy the benefits of a young, dynamic and successful team and you will grow with and within the company.
We operate a system of trust which provides for the modern-day flexibility to carry out your role successfully but in balance with your personal life.
You will be provided with a competitive salary plus relevant benefits.
If you are interested in working with our energetic team, we would like to speak to you. We appreciate that making change is difficult, particularly in this fast-changing environment. If you would like to apply for this position, please contact us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org