- Safety Adviser – Eastern Region
Safety Adviser – Eastern Region
Health & Safety Coordinator/Adviser – Eastern Region
Townmore Construction invite applications for the role of Health & Safety Coordinator / Advisor in our Eastern Region. The role includes the opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation within the construction industry. The successful applicants shall join an established HSQE Department and report to the HSQE Manager. They shall demonstrate excellent communication skills, and a willingness to proactively work with our Site Management in the delivery of our projects inline with the Townmore ISO & Safe T Cert Accredited Safety Management Systems.
Townmore shall provide a successful applicant the opportunity to progress within the organisation and develop their competencies in line with the organisations Training & Development Policy. Applicants shall demonstrate the following attributes:
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Knowledge of ISO /OHSAS Management Systems
- Knowledge of the construction industry and in working within the role of Main Contractor and the role of Project Supervisor Construction Stage
- Ability to implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Ability to coordinate EHS across multiple projects
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements & risk Assessments, Safe Plans of Action and Toolbox Talks.
- Ability to communicate with Site Management/ Client / Subcontractors and provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees.
- Deliver Site Specific Induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Undertake scheduled Site Audit Inspections and communicate the results of site inspections to site and senior company management.
- Ensure all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification are proactively reported to site and senior company management.
- Ensure that the Townmore behavioural safety programme is enacted on site
- Hold a relevant health & safety qualification
- Have more than 5 years’ experience of fulfilling the role of EHS Coordinator / Advisor within the construction industry
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
Should you be interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org