- Site Manager
REPORTING TO: Regional Director
Townmore is an indigenous multidisciplinary contractor operating as Developer, Main Contractor, Management Contractor, PSCS and Specialist Contractor.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Operating across Ireland and the UK we are a preferred provider of choice in growth segments such as residential, commercial, mix use and controlled environments. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused.
Townmore is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise, respect and value differences in diversity.
We are committed to ensuring our hiring process is fair and accessible to all and will provide candidates with disabilities with reasonable accommodations required to participate in the recruitment process. If you require any assistance in this regard, please let us know.
Key Responsibilities as Site Manager
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Day-to-day management of the operations on site and responsible to manage labour and sub-contractors and all personnel on site.
- Develop project plans and schedules and execute plans to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Develop and update the construction programme and ensure your project meets key milestones.
- Determine staff resources for your project and communicate effectively with your team.
- Implement Townmore’s Safety System and establish an excellent safety culture on your project.
- Manage project quality over the lifecycle and ensure build quality meets expectations.
- Maintain positive relationships with the client team; keep them informed of claims & delays.
- Comply with the Health & Safety aspects of the project in line with company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate project activities in accordance with company Quality System, Standard Quality Procedures and Engineering Specifications.
- Manage complete day to day life-cycle of project from initial stages through to hand-over.
- Meet agreed objectives in the areas of timely delivery, cost, quality and client satisfaction.
- Work to resolve critical site issues.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Obtain all necessary internal permits.
- Achieve a ‘right first time’ philosophy throughout the project life cycle.
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of project through leadership, management, technical & engineering expertise throughout the project life-cycle.
- Manage the day-to-day internal finishes on site
- Help manage project in line with the agreed production targets
- Manage the work flow of sub-contractors ensuring they’re in line with the program of works on site
- Agree sub-contractors’ long term and short term program and monitor performance
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, quality standards and Health & Safety
- Maintain quality and environmental controls in line with CGDM ISO standards
- 5+ years post-qualification experience within contractors
- Good understanding of design drawings
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
- Be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate.
- Good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- The drive to be responsible for exceeding targets.
If you are interested in this role, please contact us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org